Each chapter of this brilliant collection of over 130 recipes covers the culinary history and winemaking tradition of a different Rhine country. The literary excerpts, legends, and lore throughout the book accompany the reader-chef on a culinary cruise down one of the world’s most famous rivers. Complete with b/w illustrations.
With the addition of fifty new easy-to-prepare dishes, “Healthy South Indian Cooking” is back, now totalling 250 recipes. In the famous Chettinad Healthy cooking tradition of Southern India, these foods evoke South Indian forgotten by Chicken Tikka Masala enthusiasts. Mostly vegetarian, these recipes allow home cooks to create such esoteric: dishes as Potato-flled Dosas with Coconut Chutney; Pearl Onion and Tomato Sambhar; Chickpea and Bell Pepper per Poriyal; and Eggplant Masala Curry. Rasams, breads, legumes and payasams are all featured here, as is the exceptional Chettinad Chicken Kolambu, South lndia’s version of the popular vindaloo. Each of these low-fat, low-caloric recipes come with a complete nutritional analysis. Also included are sample menus and innovative suggestions for integrating South Indian dishes into traditional Western meals. A section on the varieties and methods of preparation for dals (a lentil dish that is a staple of this cuisine), a multilingual glossary of spices and ingredients, and 16 pages of colour photographs make this book a clear and concise introduction to the healthy, delicious cooking of South India.
Many other cookbooks
- A Taste of Haiti
- The Best of Ukrainian Cuisine
- Cuisines of the Caucasus Mountains: Recipes, Drinks, and Lore from Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia, and Russia
- The Best of Korean Cuisine
- Polish Heritage Cookery
- Hungarian Cookbook: Old World Recipes for New World Cooks, Expanded Edition
- Taste of Romania: Its Cookery and Glimpses of Its History, Folklore, Art, Literature, and Poetry
- Nile Style: Egyptian Cuisine and Culture: Ancient Festivals, Significant Ceremonies, and Modern Celebrations
- The Kerala Kitchen: Recipes and Recollections from the Syrian Christians of South India
- Old Havana Cookbook: Cuban Recipes in Spanish and English
- Flavors of Burma: Myanmar : Cuisine and Culture from the Land of Golden Pagodas
- The Best of Polish Cooking
- Cooking from China’s Fujian Province: One of China’s Eight Great Cuisines
- Sephardic Israeli Cuisine: A Mediterranean Mosaic
- Aprovecho: A Mexican-American Border Cookbook
- Fine Filipino Food
- The Art of Uzbek Cooking
- The Scottish-Irish Pub and Hearth Cookbook: Recipes and Lore from Celtic Kitchens
- Cuisines of the Alps
- Gypsy Feast: Recipes and Culinary Traditions of the Romany People
I have not read any of these books, so they may not be any good. Some of the books from previous Free Book posts are still available for free. If you want to see all free books as they come out you should follow Books on the Knob on their RSS or Twitter Feed. Or Ireaderreview or the many free book threads on Amazon’s Message Boards. As always please check to make sure the books are still free before you “buy” them, especially from Amazon. Prices can change quickly. This may be a one day offer. Pick it up quick.