This blog grew out of a love of reading and a desire to share. Started in 2009 as MrShields.com, it transitioned to March 2011 to Bookwi.se to bring in more contributors, more books and more ideas.
As I my time has shifted because of parenting and the book world has shifted, I am back to primarily publishing only my own reviews. I am a stay at home Dad and part-time non-profit consultant. Over the past couple years my primary focus has been history, race, spiritual growth and direction. I still try to be balanced and read about 40% fiction, but I tend toward more non-fiction than fiction. I also have been trying to be more balanced in my reading and to read more books by women, minorities and authors from outside the US. I am not setting a quota, but I am trying to be intentional. Link to Adam’s Book Review Posts (All but about 200 of the posts at Bookwi.se were originally written by me.)
- Vikki Huisman – Writer and a virtual executive assistant in Illinois. She and her husband, Rick, have been married for 20 years. When she’s not working or acting as a chauffeur to her three kids, she blogs at vikkihuisman.wordpress.com. Link to Vikki’s Book Review Posts
- Elizabeth Lynn – Elizabeth Lynn is a writer based in the Windy City. When she’s not reading or writing, she can usually be found seeing the latest blockbusters with a large popcorn in hand. She loves seeing book adaptations on the screen, as well as anything with a dystopian or apocalyptic theme. Link to Elizabeth’s Book Review Posts
- Emily Flury is a former teacher, now stay at home mom. She enjoys listening to audiobooks and loves a good book for an escape. Emily primarily is responsible for the joint Book and Movie Reviews most Fridays. Link to Emily’s Book Review Posts
- Seth Simmons – I developed a love for fiction during childhood, and my adult interests now include just about everything–theology, politics, economics, history, and science. I typically have anywhere from 5-10 books “open” at any one time, and my to-read list keeps getting longer and longer. I love to discuss the books I read, and writing reviews helps to clarify my thinking on them. Link to Seth’s Book Review Posts
You can follow Bookwi.se via:
- our RSS feed,
- or have posts emailed to you
- or our Facebook Fan Page
- or our blog twitter account
- or just come back often
The posting has slowed way down as I adjust to new reality of two kids. I hope to bring it back up again to 3 to 5 reviews a week within the year.
Any post tagged with Blogger Review Post has had the book or audiobook provided free or been sponsored content. All opinions are the author’s alone.