ChristianAudio’s free audiobook of the month is Kingdom Woman by Tony Evans and Chrystal Evans Hurst. It is 6 hours and 15 minutes long and has 4.8 stars (out of 5) based on 147 reviews at Audible. And 94% of review 367 on Amazon are 4 or 5 star.
Amazon/Audible free audiobook – Heart of Darkness by Joseph Conrad. You must purchase this kindle edition and then you will be offered the free audiobook. The Audible edition that is free is narrated by Frederick Davidson. Although there is also one that is $0.49 narrated by Alan Munro. And the edition narrated by Kenneth Branagh was previously free and the edition that listened to in this review. And be sure to read the helpful comment on the review for additional context.
February Kindle Sale – there are 591 kindle books on sale for the new February sale. There are 177 Religious books (Lots of David C Cook books), 23 Children’s Books, 45 Young Adult books, 45 Biographies and Memoirs, 101 Mysteries, 104 Romance, 48 Scifi and Fantasy and more.
Bookwi.se has Reviewed
- A Fatal Grace (Chief Inspector Gamache #2) ($2.99),
- Kindred by Octavia Butler (Highly Recommend $2.99),
- Soul Keeping: Caring for the Most Important Part of You by John Ortberg ($1.99),
- The Body in the Library by Agatha Christie (#1.99),
- Blue Like Jazz by Donald Miller ($1.99),
- Letters from a Skeptic by Gregory Boyd ($1.99)
- The Irresistible Revolution: Living as an Ordinary Radical by Shane Claiborne ($0.99)
- All is Grace: A Ragamuffin Memoir by Brennan Manning (Highly Recommended $1.99)
- Furious Longing of God by Brennan Manning ($1.99)
- So Beautiful: Divine Design for Life and Church by Leonard Sweet ($1.99
Others not reviewed but recommended or look interesting:
- Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrel by Susanna Clarke ($1.99 Highly Recommended),
- The Black Presidency by Michael Eric Dyson ($1.99)
- I’m Your Man: The Life of Leonard Cohen by Sylvie Simmons ($1.99)
- A Hobbit, A Wardrobe and a Great War: How JRR Tolkien and CS Lewis Rediscovered Faith: Friendship and Heroism in the Cataclysm of 1914-1918 by Joseph Loconte ($2.99)
EreaderIQ has a number of Christian Books that are free from Amazon. The quality of the books is very mixed, but some look good. Link to the free books of the day.
Free Kindle First Book – every month Amazon gives away one of six pre-release books to Amazon Prime members. These are books that are published by one of Amazon’s many publishing imprints. Traditionally these are first time authors. But that is not true. Rhys Bowen has two very popular series and Kirk Russell has 9 books, Adam Croft, Jonathan London and RR Haywood all have 12. Only one of the six is a new author. I am picking the Rhys Bowen one.