Looking back I read a lot more non-fiction than fiction books this year. I love fiction, but honestly was a bit disappointed in the fiction books I read this year. This is my list of my favorite fiction books. (These are order of my favorite with best at the top.)
- Supreme Courtship by Christopher Buckley — Funniest book I read this year. Not sure why I didn’t blog about it. Probably my favorite fiction book of the year.
- The Magician by Michael Scott — I am cheating a bit because I am really talking about the series rather than the particular book, but this was a good young adult fantasy series. Also The Alchemyst and The Sorceress.
- The Tourist by Olen Steinhauer — Good spy thriller. In the vain of the Borne books.
- Diamond Age and Snow Crash by Neal Stevenson — Different books, but hard to pick which is better. They are the origins of the cyber-punk style of writing.
- 1984 by George Orwell — This is a classic. I had never read it before. It is both very dated and quite modern.
- Chasing Francis by Ian Morgan Cron — Fictional story of a pastor that looses his faith and then rediscovers it by learning about St Francis. Not a perfect book but good attempt.