This is officially the 1000th post on Bookwi.se. (A few short term posts got deleted, so it is probably 1012 or something, but there are currently 1000 published posts on Bookwi.se)
In celebration I am giving away a bunch of books. Most of these were donated by an unnamed blogger who received them as promotional copies. A few are books that I either bought or received as promotional copies. Most are new, a few have been read once. I give away books as a personal commitment to get books into the hand of people that will read them more than a blog promotion, but I would be thrilled if I also get some new followers.
Here are the rules
- Leave a comment below. First to ask gets the book.
- You can ask for more than one, but if you ask for more than one, I would like, but will not require that you submit a review for Bookwi.se for one or both books.
- I will pay the shipping.
- It would be great, but not required if you tweet or post on Facebook about the give away or generally tell everyone you know how great Bookwi.se is
- Give away end Feb 4, 2012 at Midnight Eastern. Anything not given away by that time will be given away another time.
Here are the books. In no particular order because there are too many to give full descriptions
- The Heart of Worship Files edited by Matt Redman
- Facedown by Matt Redman
- The Gospel According to Jesus by Chris Seay
- Getting in God’s Face: How Prayer Really Works by Dutch Sheets (oriented toward teens)
Ascent from Darkness by Michael Leehan
- Songs of the Kisaeng: Courtesan Poetry of the Last Korean Dynasty translated and introduced by Constaintine Contogenis and Wolhee Choe
- Living Prayer: The Lord’s Prayer Alive in You by Dennis Fuqua (Bookwi.se Reviews)
- How to Give Away Your Faith by Paul Little
- The Faith of Barack Obama by Stephen Mansfield
- Who Is My Neighbor by Steve Moore
- Jesus Freaks: Stories of Those Who Stood for Jesus by dcTalk and the Voice of the Martyrs
- Love’s Compass: When We’ve Lost Our Way by Angus Nelson with Evan Braun
- The Seraph Seal by Leonard Sweet and Lori Wagner
- The Heart of the Matter by Dave Busby with Lawanna Busby St Clair
- Life’s Biggest Questions by Erik Thoennes (Bookwi.se Review)
- What is God Really Like? edited by Craig Groeschel
- Asian American Youth Ministry edited by DJ Chung
- Is It I, Lord? Discerning God’s Call to Be A Pastor by James Chatham
- The Seed: Finding Purpose and Happiness in Life and Work by Jon Gordon (2 copies)
- The Power of Pull: How Small Moves, Smartly Made Can Set Big Things in Motion by John Hagel, John Seely Brown and Lang Davison
- Following Jesus without Dishonoring Your Parents by Jeanette Yep, Peter Cha, Susan Cho Van Riesean, Greg Jao and Paul Tokuaga
- Point Man: How a Man Can Lead His Family by Steve Farrar
- When God Breaks Your Heart: Choosing Hope in the Midst of Faith Shattering Circumstances by Ed Underwood (2 copies)
- Growing In Christ: Todays Top Christian Authors Discuss Spiritual Disciplines for Everyday Life
- 27 Tough Questions Pastors Ask by Dick Hardy
- God Calls Men to Move Beyond…The Silence of Adam: Becoming Men of Courage in a World of Chaos by Larry Crabb with Don Hudson and Al Andrews
- TNIV New Testament (paperback)
Lead Like Jesus by Ken Blanchard and Phil Hodges Wild At Heart by John Eldridge( 2 copies) The Church Awakening: An Urgent Call for Renewal by Charles Swindoll The Mission Minded Family by Ann Dunagan A Lover’s Quarrel with the Evangelical Church by Warren Cole Smi An Arrow Pointing to Heaven: A Devotional Biography of Rich Mullins by James Bryan Smith
Still Sovereign: Contemporary Perspectives on Election, Foreknowledge and Grace Edited by Thomas Schreiner and Bruce Ware
No Perfect People Allowed: Creating A Come As You ARe Culture in the Church by John Burke On the Verge: A Journey Into the Apostolic Future of the Church by Alan Hirsch and Dave Ferguson( 2 copies) No Stopping Place: Letters to My Grandchildren On the God I’ve Come to Know by Mary Virgina Parrish The Color of Rain: How Two Families Found Faith Hope and Love in the Midst of Tragedy by Michael and Gina Spehn Roman Catholics and Evangelicals: Agreements and Differences by Norman Geisler and Ralph MacKenzie Paul: In Fresh Perspective by NT Wright(Bookwi.se Review) It: How Churches and Leaders Can Get IT and Keep IT by Craig Croeschel Sings of Emergence: A Vision for Church that is Organic, Networked, Decentralized, Bottom-up, Communal, Flexible and Always Evolving by Kester Brewin Church in the Making: What Makes and Breaks a Church Before it Starts by Ben Arment 11 Indispensable Relationships You Can’t Be Without by Leonard Sweet The Big Idea: Focus The Message, Multiply the Impact by Dave Ferguson, Jon Ferguson and Eric Bramlett Hungry for God: Hearing God’s Voice in the Ordinary and the Everyday by Margaret Feinberg The Next Christians by Gabe Lyons(Bookwi.se Review) Kissed from Katie by Katie Davis with Beth Clark A Visit to Vanity Fair: Moral Essays on the Present Age by Alan Jacobs(Bookwi.se Review) Reading the Old Testament by Lawrence Boadt To Transform a City: Whole Church, Whole Gospel, Whole City by Eric Swanson and Sam Williams The Air I Breathe: Worship as a Way of Life by Louis Giglio Wild At Heart Field Manual by Jon Eldredge Jesus, My Father, The CIA and Me by Ian Cron(Bookwi.se Review) A Million Miles in a Thousand Years by Donald Miller Tempted and Tried: Temptation and the Triumph of Christ by Russell Moore