Seems like a good book to read at the beginning of the year when people are making resolutions.
We all face difficult decisions. We also carry regrets from bad choices (i.e. buyer’s regret, relationships gone sour, a poor business decision or watching the Spice Girls movie). Most of these poor choices could have been avoided if we asked ourselves the right question.
When facing important decisions, Andy Stanley, author and pastor of the second biggest church in America (when you’re second you try harder), contends that he has the best question ever for you to ask yourself. Taking Paul’s warning in Ephesians 5:15-17 to not be foolish, Stanley posits that when we are faced with difficult circumstances, we should ask ourselves, “What is the wise thing to do?” This is the Best. Question. Ever.
- Deep and Wide by Andy Stanley – Favorite of 2012 (bookwi.se)
- Enemies of the Heart by Andy Stanley (Emily’s review)
- Fields of Gold by Andy Stanley
- Enemies of the Heart by Andy Stanley (Adam’s review)
- The Grace of God by Andy Stanley